Friday, October 4, 2019

In Love

I was struck this evening by the thoughts of the many people, places, and things that I love.  Here's an unfiltered look into my mind...

I love my family...my wife, my children, my parents and my siblings.

I love the passion my colleagues bring with them to work as we seek to help students & families.

I love the crisp feeling of fall in the air.

I love the fact that the Twins will be playing October baseball this year.

I love that my Blogger account waits for me to write my next blog even though I've only written 6 entries since 2014.

I love when teenagers are willing to take a chance and be themselves at the risk of being a little different from their peers.

I love the satisfaction that comes at the end of a long day's work.

I love when people don't take themselves too seriously.

I love introducing the elephant in the room rather than looking the other way.

I love the occasional nap.

I love having a dog after not having grown up with one.

I love the simplicity that comes with camping and backpacking.

I love getting lost in a good book.

I love my new job and the meaningful conversations I've been able to have about mental health.

I love sitting around a good fire and laughing with friends and family.

I love finding the good in the people I meet.

I love the planning that goes into a trip just as much as the trip itself.

I love the peace and quiet that comes with an early morning.

Who, where, and what do you love?

No comments: